In September 2020, due to current health crisis, we are sadly only able to offer a restricted breakfast club at this time. This is to ensure that we adhere to the current guidelines however we hope to resume our usual flexible offer as soon as possible.
Featherby offers a Breakfast Club Provision to its families, providing children with a nutritious and structured start to the day and adults the flexibility for their busy lives.
We provide an informal learning environment that is enjoyable and develops self-esteem. All children from Reception Class up to Year 6 are welcome. Our team of experienced, friendly staff will ensure the children arrive in their classrooms, ready for a successful day of learning.
- Breakfast Club starts from 7.30am
- The club is run in the Grey Room in the Junior School Building. Access is from the main entrance on Chilham Road and we ask that children are escorted into the building by an adult, for their safety.
- The cost of the activity is currently £2.50 per day
- Payments for Breakfast Club must be made via the Schoolmoney app
- Children are offered a range of breakfast foods, including a variety of cereals, bagels, toast and toppings, fruit and yoghurts
- If you wish to enrol your child in our Breakfast Club, please contact the school office in the first instance on 01634 231984
- Staff provide a range of activities and games during the session, helping children to build friendships across the different ages and fostering confidence in all the children who attend the activity
We ask all parents/carers to sign and return the Breakfast Club contract if their child is to take up a Breakfast Club place.
The Magic Breakfast
The school is partnered with The Magic Breakfast Scheme which supports schools in providing breakfasts for those children who need it. More details can be found on their website: www.magicbreakfast.com
What do our parents think about the provision?
"Fantastic staff who provide excellent care at such good value. Staff have always taken care of my children and ensured my daughters dietary requirements are met at all times. My son recently had a foot injury outside of school and the staff went above and beyond to make sure he was safe at breakfast club, walking him to his class separately so that he would not be hurt on route. My kids are happy in their care and well looked after so could not ask for more"
Parent feedback, February 2019
What about the children who come to Breakfast Club - what do they think about it?
"What I love about breakfast club is that their games are great and they have a lovely spread of games such as: drawing, Lego, football and hockey table and much more. The breakfast club staff are wonderful and are so helpful, kind and generous. Every there is thoughtful of others and we all care for each other" Year 5 student
"I like breakfast club because it's really fun" Year 2 student
"I like breakfast club because I like the awesome toys and I like to play with my friends. Also it wakes me up so I'm not sleepy in class" Year 5 student
"I like it because the food is nice and some of my friends go there" Year 4 student