1:1 Device Project
Introduction to the Project
Embracing Digital Inclusivity: We recognise the importance of digital skills in the modern world. With the digital sector forming a significant part of the UK economy, we understand the necessity of preparing our pupils for a future where digital proficiency is paramount. Featherby Schools and Maritime Academy Trust have been working in collaboration with Leo Academy Trust. Our 1:1 Device Project, initiated in October 2021, is a testament to our commitment to bridging the digital divide and fostering an environment where technology enhances learning and personal development.
Empowering Our Pupils: The project's core objectives are to:
- Ensure that every Maritime child benefits from free access to their own Chromebook starting in Year 3 and this device stays with them until they leave us in Year 6
- Enhance learning opportunities through peer interaction
- Provide more problem-solving tasks
- Develop skills in connectivity, collaboration, and innovative learning methods
- Foster creativity and critical thinking
- Encourage self-learning and independent exploration
Building a Learning Community: A key aim is to use technology as a bridge between pupils, parents, and carers, creating a supportive community that extends learning beyond the classroom. This aligns with Maritime Academy Trust’s strategic goal of continuous learning, regardless of the school day.
Progress and Future Plans
Milestones and Expansion:
- Current Status: As of now, every child in Year 3 and 4 has their own Chromebook, marking a significant step in our digital journey. Every child in Key stage 1 and EYFS has access to a Chromebook in their classrooms, setting the stage for home use in Key Stage 2 while ensuring their online safety through effective monitoring and safeguarding software.
- By September 2025: We aim for every child in Key Stage 2 to have their own device. This is especially crucial for our disadvantaged pupils who may lack access to technology at home.
Continuous Professional Development
Sustaining the Change: Our CPD Curriculum Strategy will ensure that the project is sustainably embedded into our educational system. Ongoing training, feedback from staff, pupils, and parents, and continuous improvement will be the keystones of this project.
A Step Towards a Technologically Fluent Future
Featherby Schools are dedicated to preparing our pupils for a world where digital literacy is not just an advantage but a necessity. Through the 1:1 Device Project, we are setting the foundation for a future-ready generation. We also ensure the safety of our pupils through robust safeguarding protocols and cutting-edge software.