Vision and Values
"Together we achieve more"
That is the belief of all at Featherby Infant and Nursery School.
- Our school is a place where our parents, teachers and community are actively involved in our children’s learning.
- We provide a warm, stimulating, welcoming environment where everyone can do his or her best.
- Our school is a place where everyone is different and everyone is important. We have tolerance and respect for others.
- We sow the seeds of learning through a caring ethos, so that children take with them happy memories of their early years with us.
We expect our pupils to be polite and courteous to each other as well as to adults and visitors to the school. Children should conduct themselves in a civilised way and demonstrate tolerance to others.
We value our links with the local community and acknowledge that the different organisations, including the school, can be mutually supportive.
We aim to assist in the all round development of the child; intellectually, spiritually, morally, socially and physically.
Children achieve higher standards when there is an understanding and supportive partnership between home and school.
We operate an open door policy and welcome parents into the school.
• While being sensitive and supportive to the needs of those children experiencing difficulties we are also keen to extend the learning and achievements of the more able.
• We have high expectations for our children.
• We promote and celebrate excellence.
• We try to ensure that learning, love and laughter always co-exist.